Author Topic: Androck Spatula  (Read 2263 times)

ShugShugsAttic

• View Profile
Androck Spatula
« on: May 01, 2014, 03:28:38 pm »
I picked this up for $0.50 at a local thrift store.  I just thought it was cool, and plan to sell it in my booth.  When I got home I noticed it said, "Androck  made in the U.S.A"  I looked online and found someone selling one exactly like it for $29 and stated hers is from the 1920's.  Just wondering if that sounds about right...

Rauville

• View Profile
Re: Androck Spatula
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2014, 06:24:08 pm »
I think the "Androck" name started showing up in the 20's, so there's no reason that yours couldn't date from that time period.

I can't help but remember the following clip from the movie UHF. ;D
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2XbCWmY0eqY

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2014, 07:32:24 pm »
Where did you see that price ?? There are some listed in lots of two or three different kitchen tools and are asking $19.95 for those !! And most of them have bakelite handles instead of wooden ones !! Yours has some condition problems so you have to take that into account !! And keep in mind that there is asking price and getting price,,!! You can ask whatever you want,,getting it is another matter !!
« Last Edit: May 01, 2014, 07:36:57 pm by mart »

gg27

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2014, 11:15:19 am »
Yours has some condition problems so you have to take that into account !! And keep in mind that there is asking price and getting price,,!! You can ask whatever you want,,getting it is another matter !!
Understatement of the year!  I sell them only in good condition with the painted handle as close to minty as possible for $6-$10, even at that they don't go quickly.  GG

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2014, 11:37:12 pm »
I was thinking something is wrong with the market around here because in great shape you might get $5 - $8.

Old and well used .50 to $3.

This little one has seen some better days.
I'm from the South - but please don't mistake my Southern Manners/Accent/Charm as a weakness!

cogar

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2014, 03:03:32 am »
Give it a good scrubbing with a Brillo pad.