Author Topic: Vintage Necklace  (Read 1422 times)

AmberSun2

• View Profile
Vintage Necklace
« on: May 10, 2005, 11:59:07 pm »
I am trying to find out about a necklace that was my Grandmother's.  I place the necklace made between 1900 to 1910.  I have a photo data 1910 with my Grand mother wearing it.  My Mother said it was called a lavilier.  It is gold with peridot and pearls.  The gold chain comes down then has 1 bezel set round peridot on each side.  Then the chain comes down on each to what looks like a crown with 5 seed pearls.  Then two long leaf like shapes come down with seed pearls in then with a large diamond shaped peridot, also bezel set, between them.  From this peridot comes a series of 4 round bezel set peridots followed by a large tear dropped shaped peridot.  The only clue  I have to the origins of this necklace is and old necklace box that this and some other of my Grandmother's jewelery was in.  It says inside, "Lovely Jewels by Lynette designed by Richard    Pour les femmes a la' mada or mode , I cannot read the last word very well.  I know that my Grandmother was in France and around Europe from 1904 to 1910.
Does anyone have a clue about this necklace or the Jeweler Lynette.  It is also possible that this Jeweler was in Quebec where my Grandmother was born.

Thanks for any information.