Author Topic: What Are These Rosary Beads Made Of  (Read 3770 times)

mart

• View Profile
Re: What Are These Rosary Beads Made Of
« Reply #15 on: May 09, 2014, 09:07:15 am »
That's just a fried biscuit,, try cinnamon sugar or just powdered sugar sprinkled on top !! You can also make a glaze with powdered sugar and a bit of milk poured on top !! Yes, buttermilk here in the country is usually a staple with country cooks like me !! Try buttermilk with your popcorn, or in a glass with leftover cornbread crumbled in and a touch of salt & pepper !! My granddad used to drop popcorn in his buttermilk and eat it with a spoon !!  Pretty darned good !!

icedgold10

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 09, 2014, 07:11:48 pm »
I tried drinking buttermilk once.  Never again!  Not my taste at all.  Interesting how different areas like different taste.

frogpatch

• View Profile
    • Gary Cunnane
« Reply #17 on: May 10, 2014, 10:05:03 am »
Popcorn in buttermilk? That is a first for me. I will try it. The cornbread sounds good. Buttermilk tastes a lot like yogurt in liquid form. I don't know why more people don't like it. When I was growing up my mother bought it all the time. Back then milk was delivered in bottles early in the morning and groceries were delivered by a kid with a cardboard box.

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 10, 2014, 11:03:12 am »
When I was young my dad offered me a quarter to drink a juice glass full of buttermilk...and even though I really wanted some comic books...I just couldn't do it.  Too thick!  LOL

Ya'll are making me hungry.  I have been on a binge making scones...the quest for the perfect scone.  All my neighbors are loving it because I am giving them out to everyone to help me decide on the perfect recipes for my upcoming articles!  LOL  So far, Orange scone with mini chocolate chips are the hit. 

We should start a thread in another section about all the different types of plastics that are out there.  Bakelite wasn't everything.  Some of the jewelry made from bois durci is worth $$$!

This site is a good one to look at different plastics over time!
http://www.plastiquarian.com/index.php?id=47
I'm from the South - but please don't mistake my Southern Manners/Accent/Charm as a weakness!