Author Topic: Lincoln desk  (Read 9441 times)

jojo

• View Profile
Lincoln desk
« on: July 11, 2004, 09:48:18 am »
Hi.  I'm new at this.  Has anyone heard of lincoln desks?  Anyone know what they are worth or where I can find info on them?
Thanks

D&b antiques

• View Profile
Lincoln desk
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2004, 10:49:55 am »
:o jo jo it's a nickname, for a large rolltop desk. better known as a postmasters desk. ;)  

jojo

• View Profile
Lincoln desk
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2004, 12:31:14 pm »
This desk might be a lincoln desk but it also has a brass id inside one of the drawers stamped Lincoln desk.  It's definetely an antique-needs some work-but nice looking piece.

D&b antiques

• View Profile
Lincoln desk
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2004, 02:28:03 pm »
:oall righty' got it straight now. that is made by a reproduction company. there name is lincoln.$350 to $500.00 dollars ;)  

maarm66

• View Profile
Lincoln desk
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2004, 09:39:53 pm »
I have 2 of the Lincoln brand desks. They are not rolltop desks, but do have the Lincoln medallion in the inside of the top drawer. They measure 3ft wide by 5ft long. I have never been able to find any information on these desks. These are at least 60 years old and came out of a factory in Chicago.

Do you have any information on the company that made these desks?
Mike

hos

Lincoln desk
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2004, 01:56:09 pm »
I have one of each. The Lincoln desk is 3x6, they were my grandfathers, around 1907 when he started to practice law. The rolltop has a medallion that says Commercial Furniture Company Chicago. It also is 3x6, the finish on both desks are the same. My Fathers remembers something about them being Phillipine majogany.

Guest_Linda

Lincoln desk
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2005, 02:07:16 pm »
I have the same problem. We have a huge, 2 sided (a seat on both sides)  wooden desk that has a "Lincoln desk" round metal identification plate of some type on the inside of one of the drawers. It needs some work. I can't find a thing about this desk or how much it is worth. If anyone has any information, please e-mail me at: lheald@uhs.laca.org. Thank you.