Author Topic: old kitchen table  (Read 1224 times)

ablood17

old kitchen table
« on: May 14, 2005, 01:10:41 pm »
I have an old kitchen "work" table (good condition) that has 4 drawers- 2 regular drawers, and 2 that have exposed, rounded bottoms (bins) that my grandma used to keep flour and sugar in.  There are no markings other than a stencil that reads "J.L. Lewellen & Sons Myrtle Point, Ore." on one side.  I haven't had any luck in finding info on this company, either.  I've never seen anything else like it and am curious about the age and approximate value.  Also, ideas for the proper name for this type of table?  We've always referred to it as the kitchen work table.

Tim

• View Profile
old kitchen table
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2005, 10:22:30 pm »
Hi ablood.........you can do a search of "Hoosier cabinet" but I suspect yours is earlier than this. Hoosiers had many other aspects going for it. Kitchen cabinet or work station, Kitchen primative, is a good definition. Without pixs it's difficult to say, and condition is important, but yours is in the $1000-$1500 range would be my guess............

Some people try to turn back their odometers.  Not me, I want people to know "why" I look this way. I've traveled a long way and some of the roads weren't paved.