Author Topic: Iron bench?  (Read 897 times)

Naze

• View Profile
Iron bench?
« on: July 02, 2014, 05:27:11 pm »

I'm not positive if this is an antique but I do know it's probably from somewhere in the 50-60s? I also know that I think the iron was originally gold but my grandmother had it changed to black and I also think that the mauve cushion is not the original cushion on there, but what the original looked like I'm not sure. I can't find anything on it from a maker and attempted to look into who made it or the value of it but could only find two similar benches, neither of which were identical however.

So I'm curious if anyone on here knows anything of it? Or could take a shot at how much it would price at?

mart

• View Profile
Re: Iron bench?
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2014, 08:20:27 pm »
You are right on the time period,, most likely 60`s rather than 50`s !! These were typically used at the foot of the bed !! Machine made !! Gold was everywhere back then so it probably was gold painted !! Could have been covered with anything but velvet is the most likely fabric,,could have been in any color !! A friend of mine had hot pink velvet in her bedroom !! Made me think of Pepto Bismol every time I went in there !!  Value wise,, not much,, about $50 to $75. on a good day !!