Author Topic: 1944 CPC U.S.  (Read 2819 times)

Saffelam

• View Profile
1944 CPC U.S.
« on: July 09, 2014, 05:14:47 am »
Imprint on the glasses case reads: CPC U.S. 1944.
The case is in better shape then any case I have ever seen. Most are ragged, torn, worn, burnt.... You name it. But this case is in very good shape. The glasses are also in very good shape. The original dust has not been wiped off and they appear to have been worn but not much. Can someone give me some in detail information as to what I have? How much they are worth to one of the billions of WWII buffs? Thanks!

mart

• View Profile
Re: 1944 CPC U.S.
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2014, 08:53:09 pm »
You can probably find these on ebay !!

Saffelam

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2014, 12:17:07 am »
You can probably find these on ebay !!

I'm looking for full information on them. I'm not able to find any that are like this.

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2014, 08:26:59 am »
There was also one on worthpoint ,same year !! But didn`t see the pic !!  The military used several styles of frames before the metal ones they use currently !! Haven`t changed much over the years !! My hubby has military frames that look the same as the one used in 50`s and 60`s !! He is retired Army !!

joemg311

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2014, 06:54:26 pm »
First off I would like to say I most likely have no useful information but...Ray Ban's popular aviators are model 1944, no clue if the history ties into something involving these sunglasses. Also no idea what c.p.c could stand for... climate prediction center? Canadian Postal Corps? Cool Person's Cat? What I can say for sure, most of the time if it is hard to find traces of an items existence on the internet, the prices won't be crazy because people are not looking for it because they don't know it exists. Then again, if the rough draft of the declaration of independence  written on an 18th century bar napkin came up for sale I'm sure it would fetch a pretty penny.

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2014, 12:31:39 am »
I know that they used to have items marked CPC for Commissary Privilege Card items.

What is the case made of?  Seen old ones with oil cloth cases.

See where one sold on Etsy...but don't know the $$

I'm from the South - but please don't mistake my Southern Manners/Accent/Charm as a weakness!

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2014, 08:56:18 am »
I know that they used to have items marked CPC for Commissary Privilege Card items.

What is the case made of?  Seen old ones with oil cloth cases.

See where one sold on Etsy...but don't know the $$

And or Central Purchasing Center or something similar depending on which branch of the military bought them !! They are purchased by the hundreds for military use !! If they are in too good a condition they likely came from a surplus store !! You can still find WWII items at most of them !!
« Last Edit: July 12, 2014, 09:05:00 am by mart »

Saffelam

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2014, 01:15:28 pm »
The case is leather in rather decent condition. The dust is still on the lenses and there is a hair follicle between the plastic of the frame and the lens its self. I would imagine this follicle is an original from the owner of the glasses back in 1944-45. There is no doubt that the glasses are old, and they aren't in absolute best shape but they are in pretty good shape in my opinion.
The case does have inside a orange piece that the glasses sit on as a note piece to hold the glasses in, and the leather folds over to snap with a metal button snap.
They are a little loose on the leg pieces that go to ear, but I would of expected that. Have only opened them up semi-halfway the one time to find that out.
I would in my personal opinion believe that these glasses are potentially worth a couple thousand dollars as I have yet to see the exact ones, and be in the shape I have them in. There are millions of WWII buffs out there that absolutely love to collect things like this. I would like someone specialized in things like this to answer on this forum or direct me to where I can send a link to this forum to get some recognition and help.
By the way, my name is Anthony. I am from Oklahoma and I collect junk, or anything random that I collect from willing and dealing in old items. I do have a lot of other things I would like to get information on, and if this is not where i am to be posting or if nobody really knows much on the things, can someone please direct me to an antique website with very active forums with expects.

Kind regards,
Anthony

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2014, 05:03:30 pm »
What are the frames made of ?? There should be a style number somewhere on the glasses,, what is the number ??

Saffelam

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2014, 05:35:15 pm »
I don't honestly believe I see a number on them at all. I'll have to look again.

Saffelam

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 13, 2014, 02:15:07 pm »
No numbers on the glasses.

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 13, 2014, 05:20:17 pm »
http://www.usmilitariaforum.com/forums/index.php?/forum/11-misc-unknown/

That's odd !!  Try this forum for militaria !! They have a Misc, forum and a Whats it worth forum !! Perhaps they will be able to help !! Honestly,, they do not look like any of the military glasses I have seen !! But since the military is a "one size fits all" and they would have hundreds more of any style ( they order by the gross) hopefully someone will know what you have !!  Then you can come back and tell us !!