Author Topic: Any Idea what this is? part 2  (Read 1562 times)

BamaLisa

• ROLL TIDE
    • View Profile
Any Idea what this is? part 2
« on: July 28, 2014, 03:35:44 pm »
Wow, this is a cool place, I've read some interesting post that I can't wait to someone finds the answers :)  Thank you everyone for the advice and guesses etc...to my unique item, Wish I knew for sure and if it would be worth selling :)  times are hard these days and I've got lots of what knots to look at.  I Got these items from a yard sale several years ago, I have no idea where (of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most)

here are the other two items a purchased at this yard sale, I've had friends say they were creepy and why in the world would I purchase these.  Any idea what they are?  voodoo?  thanks again in advance.
what other info do you need?

mart

• View Profile
Re: Any Idea what this is? part 2
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2014, 04:26:19 pm »
Can we see the backs ??  What are they made of ??

BamaLisa

• ROLL TIDE
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2014, 04:42:13 pm »
Hi,
I'm not sure what kind of metal it is...it's heavy magnet does not stick..I only have the one mask here I'll get the other tomorrow.  here's what I have

Ipcress

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2014, 01:39:09 am »
Is this attached to the stand or resting on it ?

Could be a bronze noh mask of Guanyin or something similar.

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2014, 09:34:29 am »
I sure wish I could help you out on this...but have no clue at this point.  I do know that if it was in our home, one of our kids would have it face down.  LOL  (I have 2 items in the house that appear to be "looking at you" and every time I go away and come back they are face down!  I have it figured down to the 2 youngest.... LOL
I'm from the South - but please don't mistake my Southern Manners/Accent/Charm as a weakness!

BamaLisa

• ROLL TIDE
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2014, 06:19:55 pm »
the mask is separated and has a hooked base to display it...my brother thinks it's weird and hates to see it and he's 56 ha!  I'll just keep displaying then and continue hearing how weird I am to have something so spooky as this.  Go figure?   :o

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2014, 07:31:12 pm »
I would say both are just decorative masks intended for sale rather than any actual use !!  The hole at the top would indicate that it was meant to hang either on a wall or as you have them !! Bottom one, the bronze looking one has no eyes so couldn`t possibly be worn !! Have you checked ebay for similar masks !! Perhaps they are from an import shop !!  The one at the top maybe Thailand,, the bottom one has African features !!