Author Topic: Czechoslovakia China Count Thun Porcelain Factory: Still Searching  (Read 6194 times)

Pelady

• View Profile
I have posted this back in 2014 but still searching for more dishes in my Grandmother's China Pattern.

I have since learned that it might not have a pattern name but just encase: anybody know the name of these dishes.  Ever seen them before?  Any ideas of other ways I can search for them?  See the attached photos and the description below.

Please help. I have searched for over 20 years.  Searching eBay, Etsy, Ruby Lane, antique stores, antique malls, and the Brimfield antique shows,  I never found any of my Nana's dishes.  I sent pictures to Replacements.com, posted these dishes to Ebay's "Want it Now". and Craig's List's Wanted section, and with no luck. I have found some information about the company and when the dishes were made but I do not know the Pattern Name.

When I sent the photo to Replacements.com, they posted my photo and gave  it the name Thun thu369.. I don’t think this is an official Pattern Name.

Description: The yellow-orange roses & violets pattern is off center. The dishes are raised rim with a fluted edge & gold leaf line.
The factory mark is green with the letters TK covered by a crown and the word Czechoslovakia in a semicircle under the letters and crown.  Researching the Mark-it was used between 1918-1939 by Count Thun Porcelain Factory Czechoslovakia, also called Royal Thun.

« Last Edit: February 03, 2018, 01:11:26 pm by Pelady »
Plymouth, America's Home Town.

mart

• View Profile
Re: Pattern Name Czechoslovakia China Count Thun Porcelain Factory
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2014, 03:19:33 pm »
Sadly many of these older sets have no pattern name !! But looks like the 369 is the pattern number if replacements.com is correct !! Now finding the correct pattern and in the correct colors may be difficult !!

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2014, 08:27:34 pm »
That's because most of these that only have pattern numbers are next to impossible to track down !! There are several other china matching sites !! I would list with the wanted section the name & pattern number and see if anything comes up !! Just google "china replacement sites" or "china matching sites" and go through the list !! That and watching ebay weekly is your best bet !! What other pieces are you looking for ?? In case we come across it !!

Pelady

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2015, 03:12:45 pm »
Thanks Mart,

I took your suggestion and checked out a few more china matching sites.

What would I like more of:  All of it!  I have nine complete place settings with the exception of the cups. I only have two cups as most were broken.  Wouldn't mind another Butter, Cream & Sugar, Open vegetables, etc
« Last Edit: April 01, 2016, 04:22:03 pm by Pelady »

Jlsherf

• View Profile
Re: Czechoslovakia China Count Thun Porcelain Factory: Still Searching
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2016, 07:38:59 pm »
I'll be looking Pelady!  They are gorgeous!  I would want more of them too!  So nice to have your Nana's China.  Mama has her Nana's but I am not in line for it.  I am the oldest but mother decided my sister would get it because they are her color scheme.   Then to boot I find my mother's China sitting on my sisters shelves the other day.  😦.   It makes me a little sad but she does have more room than I do.  Oh well!  Treasure it always!
I should have been born in another era!

Pelady

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2018, 10:12:31 am »
Hi Everyone,

I am bumping this up.  Since we have been talking about on going searches and difficult things to find, I would like to keep this fresh in everyone’s mind.   We have many new members since I first posted this in 2014.  Still hoping to find more dishes with the help of all your knowledge and contacts.  Please keep your eyes open for this pattern as you wander antique & thrift stores or search the internet.  I have found a few pieces by this manufacturer with the same shape but not the pattern.

Thanks in advance.
PeLady

Rauville

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2018, 01:45:46 pm »
I would guess the number refers to the shape rather than pattern.
Just for fun, have you ever emailed the company with the question? I would think they would have a historian that might be able to help.
http://www.thun.cz/en/section/32-contacts.html

Pelady

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2018, 02:06:33 pm »
 Thanks Rauville, Think  I did email them once long ago but it might be worth another shot.

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2018, 08:24:08 pm »
https://search.yahoo.com/yhs/search?p=karlovarsky+porcelain+thun&ei=UTF-8&hspart=mozilla&hsimp=yhs-003 

Pelady,, I ran across a company yesterday that may help you !!  Thun Karlovarsky,, largest porcelain producer in Czech. !!

Pelady

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2018, 09:19:00 pm »
Haven’t heard back from thun.cz yet.  Will try contacting THUN KARLOVARSKY.

Thanks

SophieMarie

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2018, 10:00:34 pm »
Pelady,

I tried searching for your pattern but was unsuccessful, but will put it on my watch list for now.  Hopefully, we'll come up with something!

Pelady

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 08, 2018, 06:25:27 am »
Thank you SophieMarie.  I found a website  about everything Czechoslovakian. So I sent them an email also asking about collectors clubs or museums.
PeLady

victorpatrick

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 26, 2023, 10:56:52 pm »
It's important to stay persistent and patient in your search. Identifying older and rare patterns can take time, and sometimes, it's about coming across the right person with the necessary knowledge. I wish you the best of luck in finding more dishes from your grandmother's china pattern and hope you eventually uncover the name and any additional pieces you're seeking. Bitlife