Author Topic: Wm Rogers & Son Silver Platter  (Read 1959 times)

chula77otono

• View Profile
Wm Rogers & Son Silver Platter
« on: October 24, 2014, 05:26:47 pm »
 Hello. I have come across a beautiful silver serving tray at a yard sale in Mexico that has the markings of Wm Rogers & Son  # 2671 on the back. My research has only brought the forthcoming information and I was hoping that perhaps someone may enlighten me on the actual value. I know by researching the platter that it was made by William Roger and his son during the period of 1856 - 1861. Which is a time period that is shortly before Williams death in the late 1860's, and that the platter having originated from that era makes it the oldest antique Ive ever had the pleasure of owning. Any information would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

mart

• View Profile
Re: Wm Rogers & Son Silver Platter
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2014, 07:25:18 pm »
Glad you enjoy your find !! Its a nice little tray !! Only problem with that date is that many of these mfrs. were bought by other companies and eventually wound up as part of International silver or Oneida !!  There was one more but I forget it !! The names and marks were bought as well and many continued to carry the original mark for several years !!  Some did not change till after 1900 !! Since your tray is silver plate the value is minimal and usually will sell for around $20 to $25. !!  Still its a nice tray and worth keeping !!

icedgold10

• View Profile
Re: Wm Rogers & Son Silver Platter
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2014, 10:06:45 am »
I agree with Mart.  A good place to find the value of sterling and silver plate id replacements.com  type in the name and pattern number to find your item.