Author Topic: early 1900 shipping box?  (Read 3548 times)

rottenapple

• View Profile
Re: early 1900 shipping box?
« Reply #15 on: October 30, 2014, 05:51:34 am »
Im not sure if it works but it is in great condition. Ill post a picof it on here when I get home from work. Makes me wonder what else is hidden in this house. Its an old farm home. Built 1900. Maybe I should go look for loose floor boards haha.
mean people suck

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 30, 2014, 08:26:23 am »
Maybe you should !!  And post hole banks !!

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 30, 2014, 12:57:51 pm »
I would search everywhere!

Amusing article about what people have found hidden in their homes:
http://www.houzz.com/ideabooks/14620335/list/you-wont-believe-what-these-homeowners-found-in-their-walls

Another great one...
"A Whole Room? No Way!

Believe it. When two young homeowners moved back to North Wales to take over an estate that had been in the family for generations, they were surprised to discover an entire servants’ kitchen hidden in the basement. HouseLOGIC" Still fully stocked! http://www.houselogic.com/photos/home-improvement/found-hidden-in-walls/slide/youve-got-game/#a-whole-room-no-way

« Last Edit: October 30, 2014, 01:04:19 pm by KC »
I'm from the South - but please don't mistake my Southern Manners/Accent/Charm as a weakness!

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 30, 2014, 07:57:50 pm »
http://www.whatsellsbest.com/best-ebay-live-collectible-auction.html

I keep this on my desktop so I can check the hottest sellers in any ebay category !!  Some of the newer members might enjoy the treasure finds at flea markets, garage sales, houses ect !!  Just click on Treasures to read them all !!

Rauville

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 31, 2014, 08:57:11 am »
I once purchased the contents of an apartment of a deceased individual, after the heirs had taken what they had wanted. I hired help to get things moved and spent most of the day, packing boxes and emptying drawers. All of the time I never paid any attention to a large pile of garbage in one end of the kitchen that the heirs had piled up with old clothes, canned goods, etc. It wasn't until I had finished and sat down in a chair near the pile that I noticed there were dozens of similar sized small cardboard boxes mixed in with everything else. Curious, I picked up one box and saw that it was sent from the U.S. Mint. After opening it, and finding a Proof Set of U.S. coins, I looked at other boxes...and each one contained a Mint or Proof set of coins. Hundreds of dollars in coins, headed to the landfill.
When one of the heirs arrived to lock up the apartment I showed him what they were throwing away. I think I made a new friend that day!