Author Topic: Looking for info & value of floorlap  (Read 1753 times)

Branden

Looking for info & value of floorlap
« on: December 05, 2014, 09:25:07 am »
hi everyone, a newb here.

my grandma has this floorlamp she'd like to sell, and we suspect it may be worth something.
it's about 6 feet tall, it has no stamping/engraving hinting at its origin or date.
as far its history goes, my grandma is a bit fuzzy on the details. they bought it from a neighbour about 40 years ago for $1000, she believes my grandpa rewired it and that it was originally bought in california.

any info would be appreciated, thanks!

Rauville

• View Profile
Re: Looking for info & value of floorlap
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2014, 10:05:41 am »
Hi Branden, and welcome;

Impressive lamp your Grandma has. If you try searching for "Blackamoor Lamp" you may be able to find something to compare to. This one has a "60's" vintage feel in my opinion. ???

Here's a pair priced at high retail!
http://www.sarasotaantiquemall.com/Pair_of_Blackamoor_Floor_Lamps_p/pair%20of%20blackamoor%20floor%20lamps.htm

Branden

« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2014, 11:55:22 am »
it sounds like it's worth getting appraised to ensure she gets a fair price.
thanks Raulville!

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2014, 08:54:03 pm »
For some reason I got to thinking about Jane Fonda with short shorts on singing "These boots were made for walking, and that's just what they'll do, and one of these days these boots are gonna' walk all over you.......

I agree about an appraisal! 
I'm from the South - but please don't mistake my Southern Manners/Accent/Charm as a weakness!

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2014, 07:18:09 am »
For some reason I got to thinking about Jane Fonda with short shorts on singing "These boots were made for walking, and that's just what they'll do, and one of these days these boots are gonna' walk all over you.......

My dislike of Jane Fonda just grew !! Now I will be hearing that song all morning !!

Rauville

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2014, 09:07:26 am »

My dislike of Jane Fonda just grew !! Now I will be hearing that song all morning !!

No need to worry yourselves over it...Jane >:( wasn't involved.

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2014, 09:16:38 am »
LOL !!  Oh well,, at least the time period was right !!  Totally forgot about her !! Seems like every time that song played,,Jane Fonda`s face was somewhere on the TV !!

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2014, 02:47:16 pm »
Guess us Texans aren't too up on the stars' names...Jane...Nanc y...they both wore gogo boots and short shorts!  Oh my...I laughed so hard over this.  Needed that! 
I'm from the South - but please don't mistake my Southern Manners/Accent/Charm as a weakness!

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2014, 05:16:33 pm »
That was not a song they played at the rodeo !!  And that is usually where I was !!