Author Topic: FAVERSHAM STEAM BREWERY - Artwork  (Read 1549 times)

jon1the1

• View Profile
FAVERSHAM STEAM BREWERY - Artwork
« on: December 23, 2014, 07:15:38 am »
Hi all,

I have come across an old piece of artwork of the Shepherd Neame & Co FAVERSHAM STEAM BREWERY. The photo isnt the best, so its hard to see the materials etc and I would love to be able to tell you anything about it but i have absolutley no idea about it but it is on some kind of tapestry and is like cross-stitch or something.

We picked this up for £4. I have seen some placemats on ebay with the exact design currently being sold for £250 which made me think this could be worth something (or at least more than £4) does anyone have any ideas at all?? i've googled and ebayed everything i can and cannot find a thing!

Thanks for your help
Regards
Jon

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
Re: FAVERSHAM STEAM BREWERY - Artwork
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2014, 03:25:28 pm »
Believe yours looks like this one...
http://beerinnprint.co.uk/description.php?prodid=678
I'm from the South - but please don't mistake my Southern Manners/Accent/Charm as a weakness!

jon1the1

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2014, 03:02:23 am »
Amazing! a whole £3.50 profit and a free frame! :-)

Thanks for this. It wasnt until i looked closer yesterday that i realised it wasnt actually stitched, just printed onto the tapestry...

Good stuff! sorry to waste your time! but very much appreciated :-)

Cheers
Jon

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2014, 07:06:17 am »
Its never a waste of time !! We are glad to have new things on the forum !! Hope you will continue to post here !!

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2014, 10:38:56 am »
Jon, like Mart said, it is NOT a waste of time.  We enjoy you stopping in and sharing your treasures.

People fail to realize that not all treasures are worth $$$$ monetarily.  Many of our treasures are sentimental and worth more than $$$$!

Please, please continue to join us.  Help out when you see an item you know about.  Ask questions....
I'm from the South - but please don't mistake my Southern Manners/Accent/Charm as a weakness!

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2014, 04:38:10 pm »
Was a learning experience for me !!  Faversham Brewery is the oldest brewery in the UK !! Had this not been posted I would never have known that !! Now if someone posts an item from that brewery I will be able to help them a bit !!
See Jon,,we learn from everyone that posts here !!