Author Topic: Max Rosenberg Porcelain and Glass, Przemysl Poland (Galicia).  (Read 2519 times)

Tanya

• View Profile
Hi all,
I found a thread here a couple of years ago by Crowbottom asking about a Max Rosenberg piece.
Max was my great grandfather.
He made fine porcelain and glassware in Przemysl in what was Galicia, now Poland.  I emailed Crowbottom and never got a response.
If anyone in the forum has information on his works or is in contact with Crowbottom, I would very much appreciate it.
Many Regards,
Tanya
« Last Edit: May 29, 2014, 07:51:06 pm by Tanya »

mart

• View Profile
Re: Max Rosenberg Porcelain and Glass, Przemysl Poland (Galicia).
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2014, 08:47:36 pm »
I am sorry but often someone will post a question and never return !! To my knowledge this person has not been back !!   Is there something we could help with ??

Tanya

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2014, 09:30:56 pm »
Hi Mart,
Well, basically I'm just interested in finding more information on Max, and/or his works.
Interestingly I came across a company today in Poland who is using his name... "ROSENBERG - PORZELLAN. "Our logo and name is a legally protected trademark Polish Patent Office decision. In spite of strong competition our Products find very big interest in Poland, as well as in EU, the US and Canada".    Posted by the same person is also a company name, "Rosenberg-Kierat".  Then in another source it says the company was founded by someone named Treadmill in 1980.
Very mysterious.
Do you know any experts in Polish porcelain (and its history) you could point me towards?  I'm very interested in what happened to his company, and how it was formed.  He died in 1934, and then of course the war came in 1939.
Thanks in advance Mart,
Tanya
« Last Edit: May 29, 2014, 09:40:23 pm by Tanya »

Chris_Marshall

« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2015, 08:00:46 am »
A VERY late reply on this one as I talked to a person who could answer a few things. I was contacted by the OP back then but lost the conversation, hence this necro might help her:

The business called Rosenberg-Kierat was established in 1980 by Mr. Roman Kierat (note that "Kierat" by the way translates to "Treadmill", a good example how translators can screw up context). Rosenberg-Kierat was a decoration studio which purchased whiteware from Polish factories; next to templated designs they also offered a kind of "design your own" decoration service. Just as with most European manufacturers and studios, business greatly suffered during the last two decades; I was told that Rosenberg-Kierat closed "before 2010" and that the name "Rosenberg" was simply used as it sounded good and was unregistered at that time.

So, this business had absolutely nothing to do with Max Rosenberg from Przemyśl who AFAIK was not a manufacturer but a retailer. I guess the OP was a bit confused anyway. Wasn't "Galicia" a region in Spain? ;)

Mat

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2015, 05:21:38 pm »
Hi, I don't think she was confused, there is a region between Poland and  Ukraine that is called "Galicia', too.
Mat