Author Topic: Mystery backstamp  (Read 1413 times)

debodun

• View Profile
Mystery backstamp
« on: March 17, 2015, 09:03:47 am »
I found this in the cellar of my parents estate. At first I thought it might be Limoges. Unfortunately, it had been cracked in two and badly mended with some kind of hideous dark brown glue. I soaked it in water overnight and tried to scrub the old glue off, with not much success, especially on the back. I re-glued it, but the crack goes right through the faint mark. I think it says Wallendam Austria with the picture of some castle or building. I couldn't find anything about Wallendam pottery, but I may be reading it incorrectly. Anyone recognize the backstamp?

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
Re: Mystery backstamp
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2015, 01:27:25 pm »
It says WALLENDAR, AUSTRIA.  Can't find anything on the maker but there are lots of Wallendar items located on the internet.
I'm from the South - but please don't mistake my Southern Manners/Accent/Charm as a weakness!

debodun

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2015, 04:39:05 am »
Thanks, KC. No wonder I couldn't find anything using Wallendam! Knowing the correct word eases the search.

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2015, 11:19:54 am »
You're mighty welcome!

That is what is so great about this forum.  Takes more than one set of eyes and lots of everyone's knowledge to help us all find out about items!  :)

I'm from the South - but please don't mistake my Southern Manners/Accent/Charm as a weakness!