Author Topic: please help identify this for me  (Read 875 times)

grachellesdad

• View Profile
please help identify this for me
« on: March 20, 2015, 09:43:48 pm »
I have ran across this piece of enameled stoneware type pottery and have not been able to find out anything about it. The clay is like that of a typical crock or crock bowl. The colors and patterns are all raised slightly above the surface of thee regular cream colored pottery. The blue background is raised a tiny bit and then the decorations are raised a tiny bit more. The colors are very bright and vibrant. It is a very unusual color combination, but very attractive at the same time.
The vase (what I am calling it) is 7&3/8" tall, 8&3/4" diameter, the opening is 4&1/4" diameter, the base ring is 4" diameter on the outside & 3" diameter om the inside, and the bottom ring where the color and decorations start is 1" high up the side. It is glazed everywhere except for the bottom of the base ring. There are no chips, cracks or damage of any kind that I can see, with the exception on the bottom inside it appears that it may be glazed multiple times and the last lair of glaze has a spot where the glaze did not cover the last glazing. There are no marks anywhere on the vase. Can anyone please advise me how to add photos. I tried but it didn't seem to work for me.

« Last Edit: March 20, 2015, 09:45:52 pm by grachellesdad »

cogar

• View Profile
Re: please help identify this for me
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2015, 07:10:58 am »
Can anyone please advise me how to add photos. I tried but it didn't seem to work for me.

grache, ..... those 5 "links" you posted, such as .... http://DSC00423 .... are neither a "url" or a "jpg" link(s) ..... and thus the reason for the square box with the red X in it ..... which signifies an error.

So, ... go to where ever you have your pictures stored, ... Photobucket, etc., .... and copy the .jpl address link for each one of them .....

Click "Modify" on your above post .... and then "paste" those .jpl links in place of those bad links ...... and your pictures should appear in you post.

Just make sure they are still bracketed [] with the img and /img notations like your currently posted ones are.