Author Topic: Help identifying bedroom set  (Read 1082 times)

philurp323

• View Profile
Help identifying bedroom set
« on: April 19, 2015, 01:13:22 pm »
Hello, 

I have a 4 piece bedroom set that was willed to me by my mother.
We've had it in the family for a few generations,  but I know very little about it

From what I've been told, it dates in the early 1900's.  I've found similar sets and they've been lasted as "Victorian hand painted wood". The set originally came from Nova Scotia,  I believe. There is a bed ( headboard, footboard, rails and chain link mattress support),  dresser with mirror,  small cabinet with drawer ( not pictured) and a bedside table/stand.

I have no idea where to start and truthfully don't wish to keep it as we don't have the room.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!!!!!

I'm doing this from my phone, so I apologize for any errors and also the pictures. I would take beget ones, but the set is in storage,  so I'd rather not.

Thank you!

mart

• View Profile
Re: Help identifying bedroom set
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2015, 05:34:59 pm »
Hi there and welcome !!  Well,,these pics are not much to go on !! Would have helped to see the back of the headboard and how the furniture is put together ect !!  But It is somewhat of an Eastlake style,, and I say "somewhat" because most of this type furniture has incised lines and yours are stenciled !! The flowers are (pretty sure) a decal !!  Its too exact to be hand painted !! Date wise,, with having nothing else to go on,, I would say 1930`s or later !!  I am not sure how the styles evolved in Canada !! You could also say Victorian Revival and be loosely correct !!  Several different styles were popular during that time !!