Author Topic: Is this an Arts and Crafts Planter?  (Read 1581 times)

frogpatch

• View Profile
    • Gary Cunnane
Is this an Arts and Crafts Planter?
« on: April 27, 2015, 03:21:45 pm »
Is this an Arts and Crafts planter? It is hammered brass and about 15 inches long. I will post more info if the pictures work this time. I lost a long post because my file was to big.

frogpatch

• View Profile
    • Gary Cunnane
Re: Is this an Arts and Crafts Planter?
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2015, 03:28:42 pm »
More Pics. My wife bought this at a yard sale for a dollar. It is hammered all over and made of heavy gauge brass. The interior corners are soldered as are the hex bolt feet. I think a dollar was a good buy but she for some reason doubts it is old. Seriously. It has FKM and 1914 scratched into the bottom. Nice old patina. A woman nearby had it in her attic and put it in a charity yard sale. What do you all think?

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2015, 06:32:09 pm »
Its simple design would say that is is from the Craftsman era !!   I seriously think it would look much better here at my house, Frogpatch !!  Think your wife would go for that ??  ;D

cogar

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2015, 07:30:13 am »
That A&C stuff shows up in strange places. A friend of mine in the next Town bought a box lot at a garage sale or auction for $3 or $4..

In the box was a non-excitable slender-like brass “bud” vase about 12” or so high with someone’s initials on the bottom. Nothing else, just 2 letters (initials).

He put it on his E-Bay site at a starting bid price of $3 ….. iffen I remember correctly.

When the “bidding” smoke cleared, …. literally, …. it sold for well over $1,200.

The man’s initials that was on the vase …… had a “fan” club that were desperately seeking any A&C object(s) he had produced.

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2015, 08:47:42 am »
Darn Cogar !!  What was this mans name !!  I will go looking for his stuff !!

frogpatch

• View Profile
    • Gary Cunnane
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2015, 09:43:55 am »
Mart,

My wife won't let me have it for my office. It is going to wind up on the sun porch with plants in it. I will get it in the winter when its too cold to be out there.