Author Topic: Hat Pin and Brooch  (Read 1607 times)

britishmeat

• View Profile
Hat Pin and Brooch
« on: May 10, 2015, 12:02:46 pm »
Hi

Came across 2 old pins and not sure what they, where they came from or any history. Any information provided would be greatly appreciated.

This first pin is one of the coolest things 'ive ever come across you, you can look inside it and there view some old picture/image. I couldnt get a picture in focus so its a bit blurry.  i can see any markings on it but seems really old.

Second one is more of a brooch and again has no markings, i'm not sure what its made of.

Cheers Guys

mart

• View Profile
Re: Hat Pin and Brooch
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2015, 03:33:24 pm »
Can you get a close up of the first one ?? Just the top part !!

britishmeat

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2015, 04:04:37 pm »
I've left it with a mates Grandad who's a bit old school so doesn't use or have Modern Technologies. It could be a about a month before i get to see it again. ive been trying to research it but don't have any point of reference. I was thinking a hat pin but it seemed a little bit small at about 7-10cm, it has a hollow ball on top with 3 small blue studs (not sure if its glass or enamel. On two opposing sides it has some extended metalwork one with a curved magnified glass and the other side has some sort of pic on the inside.

Wish i'd took some better pics believed i could the information on the internet myself. lol

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2015, 06:27:06 pm »
Could be a ladies reversible lapel pin !!   Can only guess without seeing it !!  To see the pic inside do you look through a small hole ??

britishmeat

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2015, 02:19:14 am »
Yes you look though a small magnified hole about 2 to 3 mm in diameter that you need to hold upto the light to see the pic/image.

sugarcube5419

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2015, 06:39:04 am »
what is the picture of?

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2015, 09:22:45 am »
Its called a Stanhope !!  They still make them !!  Usually you find a religious verse, the Lords Prayer ect !!  Just look up Stanhope jewelry !!   Should find many on ebay !!