Author Topic: antique fireplace screen I don't know anything about  (Read 1213 times)

Mcbbrown1020@aol.com

• View Profile
antique fireplace screen I don't know anything about
« on: May 24, 2015, 02:25:11 pm »
Got it from my grandma it's made of copper don't see any markings plz tell me anything about it value would be nice to

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
Re: antique fireplace screen I don't know anything about
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2015, 03:53:22 pm »
You have a beautiful hand embossed copper fireplace screen with wrought iron stand.  NICE and even nicer that it was passed to you from your grandmother.

These were very stylish yet functional pieces of furniture that were used to prevent excessive heat from directly hitting occupants in a room - sort of a diffuser.  This style is most commonly seen from the late 1800's to early 1900's when the "decorative" aspect was important as well as the function.

The values range all over the place depending on where you live.  In my area (Texas) this would easily sell for $200+ if in fact it is a real copper piece and not painted.  Even if it was painted....it would still bring $50+.
I'm from the South - but please don't mistake my Southern Manners/Accent/Charm as a weakness!

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2015, 07:00:51 pm »
Its a nice one !!  Don`t think you can get that patina with paint !!

frogpatch

• View Profile
    • Gary Cunnane
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2015, 06:01:26 am »
Where I live in NJ I would expect 300.00 or higher. 500.00 would not be surprising to someone with a Victorian home.