Author Topic: vintage 6 foot SANTA printed paper applied to plywood - worth selling?  (Read 1520 times)

quiltinggal

• View Profile
hi - My mom collected Santa Clauses and in her collection she found a vintage six foot tall Santa. It has printed paper applied to plywood pieces and he's carrying a bag of toys & waving. She always displayed it by her front door during the holiday season. After she passed away I took it but find it taking up space in my house. I'd like to either sell it or donate it but not sure to who or how. Is it worth trying to sell it? Should I contact Christmas Farms to see if they're interested?  I don't want to sell on ebay since it would have to be local delivery or pickup. Any advice? 

mart

• View Profile
Vintage Christmas items are always in demand around the holiday !! Your Santa looks 1940`s to 50`s !!  I am not sure what Christmas Farms is !!  Yes Ebay would be a pain for something like this !! However almost any sales venue would have to be a local pick up,,unless you want to deliver it !! If so use your local Craigslist !!

quiltinggal

• View Profile
thx for responding. never thought of craigslist. plus i'll call a few Christmas farms in New England.

mart

• View Profile
That would be an excellent idea !!  It would be great for any business where the Christmas holiday is a primary selling time !!  Even small local stores !!  But stay away from antique type stores !!  They would give you very little for it !!

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
Great suggestion Mart!.  Agree, looks 40's to 50's!  They used to sell these Santas as wraps for the front doors.  Those that had the "ingenuity" and place to store mounted them on board like this for use of it other than the door/wall!
I'm from the South - but please don't mistake my Southern Manners/Accent/Charm as a weakness!

mart

• View Profile
Thats it KC !!  I knew I had seen that Santa somewhere but didn`t think about those !!