Author Topic: A few recent finds  (Read 1891 times)

KevinM

• View Profile
A few recent finds
« on: June 18, 2015, 09:06:37 pm »
Thought I would share a few of my recent TS fun finds all at Mart's scream prices.

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
Re: A few recent finds
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2015, 01:58:47 am »
Beautiful silverplate sugar bowl!  Love the graceful feet on it and the gorgeous finial!

What is the second piece?

Hope you don't "kick the bucket"!  :)

Nice brass bookends!
I'm from the South - but please don't mistake my Southern Manners/Accent/Charm as a weakness!

KevinM

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2015, 08:31:33 am »
Thanks KC! I'm not sure if the first item is a sugar bowl, it's rather large for that but could be. It measures about 9" in height and about 7" in width between the ends of the handles. It's made by Simpson Hall Miller & Company Circa I think 1890. Who are the Figures or heads on the handles and feet suppose to be?

The second item is a 1950's Lucite Purse made by Rialto NY.

The third item I think is a circa 1800's Sap Bucket from New England.

The fourth item is a  pair of Brass or Bronze bookends by Mcclelland Barclay which I think may be circa 1920 or 1930.

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2015, 08:56:00 am »
It is most likely a sugar bowl that went with a rather elaborate/large tea/coffee set!  You will see many gorgeous pieces like this from the Victorian era (and even today in the high high dollar arena).  I can't tell from the picture you posted, but many of the faces had to do with Greek Mythology.
I'm from the South - but please don't mistake my Southern Manners/Accent/Charm as a weakness!

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2015, 10:40:42 am »
Can`t believe you would do that to me Kevin,,,,I thought we were friends !! LOL !!   ;D

Joking !!  Nice finds !!  Love the sap bucket !!

KevinM

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2015, 09:24:22 pm »
Thanks KC for the information. I've included 4 more pics of the faces that are a little closer.

Mart, we are friends! :) I just liked it when you said something about screaming and prices before! ;D So the phrase "Scream Price" has kind of stuck with me now.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2015, 09:35:25 pm by KevinM »

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2015, 08:15:43 pm »
LOL !!  I know Kevin,, I was joking with you !!  What I said was,, (If you tell me you got that for $10 bucks,,I will just scream) !! I think it was one of your vaseline glass pieces I was looking at !!  You are the luckiest person to find some of the things you do !!!