Author Topic: Vintage Mcdonaldland Book Cover  (Read 1670 times)

KevinM

• View Profile
Vintage Mcdonaldland Book Cover
« on: June 15, 2015, 08:16:06 pm »
Ok, here's a fun one. I got this from one of my TS journeys today and have researched it without finding one like it. It's obviously a Mcdonaldland Book Cover and from what I can tell from my research it would date from sometime between 1971 to 1973.

The book cover measures about 23" by 14 1/2". I have only found two other different type Mcdonaldland book covers from between 1971 and 1973 during my searches online from around that period of time but the instructions on the outside borders were very detailed compared to this one listed on the lower left edge and the picture is not the same.

What I'm trying to find out is when (what year) it was made and was it the first book cover issued with Macdonaldland on it and if anyone can find any copies of it online.

Thanks in Advance!
Kevin
« Last Edit: June 15, 2015, 08:22:51 pm by KevinM »

mart

• View Profile
Re: Vintage Mcdonaldland Book Cover
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2015, 01:34:13 pm »
Did you check ebay ??  When I was looking yesterday there were several from that time period listed as rare or hard to find !!  But this old computer wouldn`t open the pages !!

KevinM

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2015, 07:46:27 pm »
Mart, yes I checked ebay, that's where I saw the ones you found but they are different ones. I also searched on google but only found the same 2 as on ebay.

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2015, 09:27:16 am »
Mmmm,,, thats odd !!

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2015, 10:42:10 am »
It isn't uncommon to see variations of printed materials if they were printed at different sources.  Due to the size/reach of McDonalds they couldn't use 1 Printing Company to accommodate the giveaway across the country.  Different areas have different requirements and updates would be made over time.  Chances are, the one with the most information would be a later one.

If you are going to be a collector of McDonals giveaways, then you might invest in a McDonald collectors book.  They are pricey but give going prices and variations of different items.
I'm from the South - but please don't mistake my Southern Manners/Accent/Charm as a weakness!

KevinM

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2015, 08:01:24 pm »
Thanks KC. Hard to pinpoint this one but may be an earlier 1971 version. It was just a "Fun" find and reminded me of simpler times in the early 70's. Not interested in being a collector of anything, have enough things already.