Poll

Does anyone know how I can sell thes for the real value as this is an extinct wood

0 (0%)
mail
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: July 25, 2015, 05:17:14 pm

Author Topic: Chestnut Wormwood tables  (Read 1135 times)

leachroby4

• View Profile
Chestnut Wormwood tables
« on: July 23, 2015, 05:17:14 pm »
Does anyone know how I can sell three Antiques Chestnut Wormwood tables?  The wood is extinct as there are no more Chestnut wormwood trees>

cogar

• View Profile
Re: Chestnut Wormwood tables
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2015, 06:40:43 am »
The 1st thing is to call them by their correct name, which would be “Wormy” Chestnut. And that’s the name you should use on a Google search for answers to most of your questions.

The actual name of the wood is American Chestnut and neither the wood or all of the trees are extinct.

As a matter of fact, I have a small apartment, semi-attached to my house, which was originally a 2-room structure (14’ x 24’) that was moved to this property and it is all Chestnut construction. Thus it is a per se “ne$t egg”  ;D ;D of Chestnut lumber.

And ps, the only difference between Chestnut and Wormy Chestnut is that the latter one will have wee tiny "holes" .... "here, there and yonder" ... in/on the wood where the "worm" ate a hole while feeding on the wood.

mart

• View Profile
Re: Chestnut Wormwood tables
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2015, 11:43:44 am »
Would help if we could see the tables !!  When estimating value it takes more than the type of wood for us to even guess at what they may be worth !!  Other things come into play as well !!