Author Topic: Help with century of oil painting by "Panichi 65" Carnations in container  (Read 1083 times)

DANTE5

• View Profile
Hi everyone,

I am stuck again.  I found this painting at a Goodwill in Georgia (USA). I need help in identifying the century the painting could have been painted, with hopes of determining if artist is a listed artist. It is an oil on stretch canvas, measuring approximately 23 3/8" X 19 1/8", signed Panichi 65 in the top right hand corner. It's difficult to make out a watermark if any.  There is a ink stamp on back with "Made in Italy" and hand written artist name with an identifier number.  I can't seems to match this artist with any thing.  Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2015, 06:28:02 am by DANTE5 »

mart

• View Profile
Is the signature on front or back ??  That would be 1965 ,, pretty sure !!  The canvas was made in Italy,, the cloth,, not necessarily mounted there !!  Could have been bought by any of the art supply companies here !!  Look at how the canvas is mounted and stretched on the supports,, that can tell a lot !!

DANTE5

• View Profile
Hi Mart...The signature is on the front (upper right hand side).  For some reason I was having difficulty getting good pictures.  There are staples on mounting, so that's my clue it would be 20th century.  Great information for future identification issues.  I was thinking it was 1965, but only listed artist I can locate with name are not matching up for me.