Author Topic: Parlour Organ  (Read 1487 times)

Cheshire Cat

• View Profile
Parlour Organ
« on: November 23, 2015, 11:15:18 am »
I have been trying unsuccessfully to sell my antique parlour organ on Ebay.  I have re-listed it several times.
It was built by the Tabor Organ Company from Worcester, Massachusetts, USA between 1890 and 1910. 
No-one seems to want it.  :(
Does anyone please know of anyone who might like it or where I can advertise it next? 

« Last Edit: November 23, 2015, 11:18:53 am by Cheshire Cat »

ghopper1924

• View Profile
Re: Parlour Organ
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2015, 04:10:25 pm »
Unfortunately, keyboards from "yesteryear" are now virtually worthless. We have a piano that is cased in rosewood and was constructed in 1892. It's just beautiful, and we'd be lucky if we could find someone to take it for free. Sorry to be the bearer of disappointing news, but it sounds like you've already gotten a taste of the "bear" market in pianos, organs, and old keyboards in general.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2015, 06:52:06 pm by ghopper1924 »
"I collect antiques because they're beautiful."

-Broderick Crawford

Cheshire Cat

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2015, 06:09:45 pm »
I have come to the same conclusion.  It's a real shame.  My late mother had a lot of pleasure from it but unfortunately I have no room for it at my home and I cannot play it!  :-[   

It will probably go with the house clearance people when the time comes.   :'(

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2015, 07:03:46 pm »
So sad but true that they just are very popular. 

I keep holding on to the belief that over time so many people are disposing/destroying them that they will become less available and develope a following for an "antique/vintage" collectible.
I'm from the South - but please don't mistake my Southern Manners/Accent/Charm as a weakness!

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2015, 07:21:01 pm »
https://www.google.com/search?sclient=psy-ab&site=&source=hp&q=Collector+sites+for+pianos+and+organs&btnK=Google+Search

There are sites for antique and vintage pianos and organs !!  You might check these out and see if they have a free classified section !!  If not you might consider donating it to a church or school for a tax credit !!

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2015, 01:23:15 am »
Excellent suggestions Mart!  Otherwise, hold on to it for a while longer!  Ask friends.  Talk to local people that give music lessons - they may have people that want/need one!
I'm from the South - but please don't mistake my Southern Manners/Accent/Charm as a weakness!

Cheshire Cat

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2015, 06:33:03 am »
Thank you for the link Mart.  I can see a few UK based sites there.  I will give them a try.  :D