Author Topic: And here is another stumper !! Anyone recognize the language ?? If it is one !!  (Read 1118 times)

mart

• View Profile
https://www.kovels.com/forums/3-pottery-and-porcelain/10045-pottery-identification-help.html

It isn`t the Mexican pottery that I can find !! Something written on front and back but other than Sandia,, I don`t know what it is !! Front just looks like squiggles to me !! Ideas ??

mart

• View Profile
Bump up !!  See if anyone knows this pottery !!

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
How about New Mexico?  Sandia mountains (part of the Sandia-Manzano Mountains) that is along the Rio Grand!  Looks like Albuquerque New Mexico style art!  Pueblo influnence.

AND Sandia means watermelon in Spanish!
« Last Edit: March 20, 2016, 10:24:40 pm by KC »
I'm from the South - but please don't mistake my Southern Manners/Accent/Charm as a weakness!

mart

• View Profile
Did you look at what is written on front and what is below Sandia on the back ??

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
Yes I did look at the front and it looks like someone took artistic creativity with it so cannot make it out!

Believe the one on back must be the artist.
I'm from the South - but please don't mistake my Southern Manners/Accent/Charm as a weakness!

mart

• View Profile
Was hoping someone could decipher that name on back !!  Front just looks like squiggles to me !!