Author Topic: Amber Glass with handles not sure how old it is & where it came from please help  (Read 1478 times)

Kingofthekats

• View Profile
Thank you for your answers!

Kingofthekats

• View Profile
Here some more photos

mart

• View Profile
There is really no way to answer your questions about this one !! Could be 200 years old and could be 20 years old !!  Its hand blown with a rough pontil (not polished) and the wide lip with smooth interior says it did not have a lid or top of any sort unless it was a cork but then if corked it would not have that wide lip !!  The bubbles in the glass have been reproduced in glass containers for a long time and is still being made today !!  So can`t go by that either !! Unless someone has direct knowledge of another one like this,,anything is simply a wild guess !!  My feeling is that its an old one but no way to know for sure !!

Kingofthekats

• View Profile
I know that there is roman glass that looks similar with the handles but it probably is not that old.

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
I am not able to see any of the pictures.
I'm from the South - but please don't mistake my Southern Manners/Accent/Charm as a weakness!

mart

• View Profile
I can see them all fine ??  I wondered about your post on the pics not loading,, No problem here !!

cogar

• View Profile
KC was right. I could see the pictures early yesterday morning .... but when I checked for new posts in the afternoon, .... after KC had posted ..... the photos were missing and only the "url" was visible and clicking on the url would result in an access error.

So, the site where the photos are stored must have been "down", ..... inaccessible.