Author Topic: National High Frequency Receiver Type HRO-STA1  (Read 1406 times)

btcomp

• View Profile
National High Frequency Receiver Type HRO-STA1
« on: May 15, 2016, 11:54:17 am »
I have an old National High Frequency Receiver Type HRO-STA1. It has four coils and a box to put three in while putting the fourth one in the receiver. I did actually use it 20 years ago, and it worked either as a short-wave receiver from about 160 meters to 10 meters or 1.5 to 30 Megacycles. An adjustment made it work on the amateur bands and you could listen to USB or LSB amateurs or perhaps even CBers.

But one of the coils is damaged and the receiver has some damage from storage in my barn.

I am thinking of selling it in whole or parts. I am wondering where to post this? I see the coils themselves go for 50 to 100 dollars as they are rare, at least the original old ones are. I usually post on Craigslist, but am thinking an antique market the best or EBay.

I have 8 pix, so will put the second set on the next reply.

mart

• View Profile
Re: National High Frequency Receiver Type HRO-STA1
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2016, 11:59:33 am »
I would either go with ebay or one of the radio collector groups !!  Many offer free classifieds for members !! Doesn`t cost  to join and would get this item where people most interested would see it !!

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2016, 02:20:46 pm »
Some fun background/history/info to read on it
http://www.radioblvd.com/National%20HRO.htm
I'm from the South - but please don't mistake my Southern Manners/Accent/Charm as a weakness!

jondar

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2016, 06:41:58 am »
I am antique radio illiterate but FWIW, about fifteen years ago I bought an old Hallicrafters Sky Buddy radio from an acquaintance because it was cheap, ($20) and it worked perfectly.  It resembled yours in the picture, without the added features. Coils? Anyway I needed to sell it  to make room and listed it on Ebay.  I had a dozen bids and ended up bringing $200.  So my choice of selling places would be Ebay.  The buyer was a Gentleman in Seattle who as a young man who, during WW2, had worked in the Hallicrafters factory and wanted one for old times sake.

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2016, 12:42:50 pm »
jondar thanks for sharing your story!  It was neat that you got to hear the buyers reasons for purchasing it and helped him relive/touch a part of his past!  :)
I'm from the South - but please don't mistake my Southern Manners/Accent/Charm as a weakness!