Author Topic: I have 400 Radio/TV vacuum tubes  (Read 1226 times)

btcomp

• View Profile
I have 400 Radio/TV vacuum tubes
« on: July 12, 2016, 01:09:08 pm »
I have probably about 400 radio & tv vacuum tubes. I bought many from a former tv/radio guy years ago, and they have been just collecting dust, so a neighbor said they are worth money. So I thought that maybe he is right & I should find people looking for them. Unfortunately I know longer own a tube checker. Many, probably most are in good condition & some are new as said on the boxes. Most are in Standard Tube boxes with the tube numbers on the box as well as the vacuum tube.

Now I have created a database to enter tube number, condition, manufacturer (I have from GE, Motorola, Curtis Mathis, Raytheon, Cornell, Delta...

Since some people on this forum collect or have antique radios, I thought maybe a good place to get some ideas for me to sell. I see that there are dealers that ask you to send them a list of what you have, so that is part of my reason to put them all in a database. (Some of my tubes I can't read the manufacturer, though I can usuall make out the tube # which usually agrees with the box.

I am wondering if I should advertise the ones I have online & then just let people contact me. Of course I have a handicap in not having a tube checker, I sold mine many years ago, a big mistake. I am finding many of my tubes are 2 to 5 dollars online with a few so far being 15 to 30 dollars. I haven't come across any real rare ones, but I have only entered 125 into the database. I am finding that I have many duplicates of common type tubes.

Here is one picture of the ones I entered this morning.   

ghopper1924

• View Profile
Re: I have 400 Radio/TV vacuum tubes
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2016, 03:11:56 pm »
One place you might want to check out is Audiogon. It's an online forum for selling high-end (usually tube) stereo equipment. I sold my entire system on there and had excellent luck. Explore the site!!
"I collect antiques because they're beautiful."

-Broderick Crawford

Pelady

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2016, 06:53:03 pm »
Hi btcomp,

Have you thought of selling the tubes off as a whole set?  Less time consuming - maybe a bit less profit.
This is a vintage radio site that Might give you some good contacts.

http://radioattic.com/resources.htm

When you get a chance, you posted your question 7 times, could you go back in and at the top right find Remove with the red X and delete the extras.

Hope you can shake off the dust and make some money out of them.

PeLady
Plymouth, America's Home Town.

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2016, 07:37:32 pm »
There are many professional restorers online !!  Send them an email !!