Author Topic: Paul Mueller china design  (Read 1617 times)

ssf2

• View Profile
Paul Mueller china design
« on: July 26, 2016, 12:21:00 pm »
Can't seem to find any info on this pattern. I have 6 cups and saucers and am trying to find a tea or coffee pot to go with them. Replacements.com lists the pattern as MUE24. Does it have another name? Anyone know when it may have been produced? And any idea where to find other pieces? Searching for MUE24 doesn't bring me any info.

mart

• View Profile
Re: Paul Mueller china design
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2016, 06:29:03 pm »
That may not be the factory pattern number,, it may be the number replacements uses to order !!  If you go to replacements.com and look at the hope page,, they have a free pattern matching service !!  They will tell you what the pattern name is if it has one !!  Many do not have pattern names and  some have only a number !!

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2016, 07:49:24 pm »
This isn't a tea/coffee cup!  This has a double handle thus you have a bouillon cup/saucer set there!  Bouillon, or consomme' cups were typically used at tea time or for a course in a multi-course meal for a clear broth or very light soup.  You will see some sets that the double handled cups are wider mouthed and they are creamed soup cup/saucer sets.

« Last Edit: July 26, 2016, 07:51:07 pm by KC »
I'm from the South - but please don't mistake my Southern Manners/Accent/Charm as a weakness!

ssf2

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2016, 07:48:56 am »
Thank you! Wondered why there would be 2 handles. Makes a lot more sense now.

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2016, 08:38:08 am »
Once you get the pattern name or number you can watch ebay for the pieces you need !!  Do not buy from replacements.com,, they are overpriced for todays market !!

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2016, 10:36:13 am »
I am still searching for the pattern.

The fact that it is a simple pattern in gold banding makes this very desirable.  If you look at online sales you will see that bouillon cup/saucer sets sell for much more than coffee cups/saucer sets.  They are still highly desirable and sought after!
I'm from the South - but please don't mistake my Southern Manners/Accent/Charm as a weakness!

ssf2

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2016, 01:14:39 pm »
The cups have what looks like a '33' under the mark, although one looks like an '83'. The saucers have either a '1', '2' or nothing under the mark. any ideas on what they stand for? Maybe edition numbers, like in a book?

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2016, 02:30:45 pm »
Are they written, stamped or  what ?? Sometimes they use numbers for the shape, or could be the decorators number !!Usually the numbers are helpful only to the mfr !!  If there is a pattern number it is usually on the larger pieces of a set !!  Plates, or serving pieces sometimes have a pattern number but many times they didn`t put it on the small pieces !!

ssf2

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2016, 03:22:23 pm »
The numbers are stamped, in red, as you see on the 3rd photo.

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2016, 06:53:04 pm »
Would be something for the mfr !!  You have a set of six like this ??  No need for a tea or coffee pot for soup cups !!  Find a nice tureen and ladle if there is one in this pattern !!

ssf2

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 28, 2016, 12:32:11 pm »
I have a set of 6 cups and saucers but I can't seem to find any other pieces like this, not even a plate. I would love a tureen, so if anyone happens across one, let me know!