Author Topic: Interesting oil painting, curious on the artist if the signature looks familiar  (Read 1053 times)

jerryk

• View Profile
came across a wood framed painting that i just i had to buy, i am not an art collector but a working artist who rarely buys others work . I just cant figure out the name, an old painting with tape and instructions to the framer on how he or she would like to have it framed my guess. It's a pretty floral still but just cant get the name, if someones familiar with the name would be most appreciated 

rink28

• View Profile
The name I can not figure out but looking at the canvas and the tape with the writing on it I don't think it's that old. I would put it around 70s or 80s. The canvas would have a lot more staining to the back. By the picture it appears to have a lot of white still to have real significant age to it.

jerryk

• View Profile
theres alot of staining on the back , just not pictured , the tape is pretty much peeling away has no barely any sticking left

jerryk

• View Profile
there are also old labels between the canvas and wood stretcher indicating galleries that may have displayed to the painting, i dont know fully   just doing some reading online. ill post more pics of the stains and labels