Author Topic: KT&K China  (Read 1693 times)

kametzger

• View Profile
KT&K China
« on: October 15, 2016, 06:31:58 am »
I have five pieces of KT&K china, pattern 3511, inherited from my grandmother.   Photo attached.  The largest pitcher is 12" high, the next is 7".  I am downsizing and must sell them.  They are in very good condition.  Anyone have an idea of the value?  I've seen one 7" pitcher on eBay for $15, but I have no idea if that is realistic.  Thanks

mart

• View Profile
Re: KT&K China
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2016, 09:08:53 am »
Do you know the pattern name ??

kametzger

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2016, 10:25:08 am »
I do not.   Sorry.  All it says on the bottom of each piece is 3511.  I couldn't find a pattern name in any of my searches.

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2016, 05:54:02 pm »
Yes,, some of their things are not named ,,only have assigned pattern numbers !!
How many pieces do you have ??

kametzger

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2016, 09:09:41 am »
5 (see photo).  The large pitcher is 12"; the next is 7"; the smallest is 4".  The round bowl is 5" tall; the shallow bowl is 6" around and 3" tall.

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2016, 12:15:05 pm »
Looks like you have the large and small pitcher,,the creamer and sugar bowl without lid !!  Cant see what the one behind is !!  Items like this are not doing well on ebay lately !!  Yours has a bit of wear and one small crack on the sugar bowl which is not going to help !!  I think if you can get $35. to $45. for all you will be doing well !!  You might do better if you wait to sell till last week in November or first part of December !!   People will be shopping for Christmas then !!

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2016, 11:13:09 pm »
It appears you have a water pitcher, milk pitcher and cream pitcher.

Is the pattern like this?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/KT-K-Knowles-Taylor-Knowles-White-Gold-Porcelain-Water-Milk-Pitcher-7-Rare-/322274850142?hash=item4b0913f55e
I'm from the South - but please don't mistake my Southern Manners/Accent/Charm as a weakness!

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2016, 04:30:47 am »
That looks like the same pattern !!

kametzger

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2016, 05:14:16 pm »
yes.  that is the pattern

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2016, 08:40:30 pm »
Keep an eye on the sell of this item.  It will help you with the "current market value" on Ebay at the time. 

I must point out that the beginning price is nice but very low for a "rare" item.  (Unfortunately if you search for items with just the word "rare" on Ebay - you will see it is extremely overused.)  It may be the "only one we can find" for sale at this time without more information, but that doesn't make it rare.  Just may mean that people are holding on to theirs and/or are selling in other venues.

I do think your items are gorgeous and that you can sell them for some money.  How much?  It is how much someone is willing to pay in todays market.  The biggest value is the priceless sentimental value of it having been your grandmother's!  (Can't put a $ sign on that!) 

I'm from the South - but please don't mistake my Southern Manners/Accent/Charm as a weakness!