Author Topic: WS George Derwood  (Read 1116 times)

egwaters

• View Profile
WS George Derwood
« on: September 19, 2016, 08:10:56 am »
I've got a set of DERWOOD W.S. George MADE IN USA. It has gold trim around the edges. How old are these and are they worth anything? Thank you for your time.

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
Re: WS George Derwood
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2016, 01:06:03 pm »
Hi!  Lovely set of china! Yes, they are worth something...but it depends on where you are located and demand for items like this.

Seems you have most of a luncheon set.  (Tea cups, saucers, luncheon plates, cream/sugar) and a sauce boat would have been popular to use in the 30's to 40's for luncheon items.

Here is information about the W S George (William Shaw George) Pottery Company on the official site.
http://wsgeorge.jdfiles.org/

The pattern of the set you have is "Derwood". 

Unfortunately so many companies did not have computers back then and didn't have their patterns categorized/noted in books or on computer. (It was all about producing and selling.) Even on the official site or Replacements, LTD. this pattern isn't noted.  You may want to add it to the WS George Co site so others will know the pattern exists.

« Last Edit: September 19, 2016, 01:07:56 pm by KC »
I'm from the South - but please don't mistake my Southern Manners/Accent/Charm as a weakness!

mart

• View Profile
Re: WS George Derwood
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2016, 02:22:29 pm »
https://www.google.com/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&rlz=1C1SKPC_enUS366US455&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=WS+George+Derwood+dinner+ware

This should give you an idea of the asking prices !!

Replacements.com had one listing in the link above !! $19.99 for a plate but didn`t check and see what size !!  That is above the market price though !!