Author Topic: RS Prussia tea set  (Read 1341 times)

kametzger

• View Profile
RS Prussia tea set
« on: October 15, 2016, 06:40:50 am »
I have an small tea set inherited from my grandmother.  The note inside says RS Prussia, but there are no markings on the bottom of the pieces.  The tea pot is 6", accompanied by a sugar and creamer.  I have researched all of the RS Prussia sites that I can find, plus ebay and easy, and I haven't found anything like this pattern.  Photo attached.  I'm interested in the value, if any, for this tea set.  Thanks.

mart

• View Profile
Re: RS Prussia tea set
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2016, 09:07:12 am »
Well the first thing o check is to see if it is porcelain !!  Take one of the pieces outside or under a bright light and hold it toward the light !!  You should be able to see the shadow of your hand when looking through it !!  Porcelain is translucent, thin and lightweight !!  Compare the weight to a china piece of the same size,, it should be much lighter weight !!

kametzger

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2016, 10:26:25 am »
Yes, it is porcelain

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2016, 01:02:44 am »
Can you please post pictures of the bottoms of the containers?  AND  Of the inside of the tea pot and the spout?
I'm from the South - but please don't mistake my Southern Manners/Accent/Charm as a weakness!

kametzger

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2016, 09:11:05 am »
I can, but there is nothing to see.  The bottoms are white with no markings at all.  The insides are white with very little crazing and no markings at all.  I posted the photos you requested.  Only one of them has appeared.  I've tried a second time, but still no photo.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2016, 09:25:02 am by kametzger »

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2016, 07:11:25 pm »
Value would be hard to guess because it is unmarked !!  I would look on ebay and the other selling sites for a similar set !!  Same three pieces, similar amount of decoration and go by that !!  Keep in mind that china and porcelain has not been selling well recently !!  Might be better to wait till last of November or first part of December to list it !!  Thats when many will be shopping for Christmas !!

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2016, 10:58:00 pm »
Agree with Mart.  I have searched and haven't even found the same/similar designs on marked items. 

It is a pretty set!  In my area it would sell for $50 good day.
I'm from the South - but please don't mistake my Southern Manners/Accent/Charm as a weakness!