Author Topic: Small Brass Dish  (Read 1786 times)

debc

• View Profile
Small Brass Dish
« on: October 08, 2016, 10:46:04 am »
Recently bought this brass dish with lid and am curious as to possible value.  It is about 6" at its widest and 3" high with lid, 2.5" without.  I had thought it was Asian until I researched the pattern and realize it is Indian or Hindu themed with the lotus and dragonflies.
Any thoughts as always are greatly appreciated.
Happy Thanksgiving weekend to any other Canadians who may be on site  ;D

debc

• View Profile
Re: Small Brass Dish, more photos
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2016, 10:48:19 am »
More photos for your viewing pleasure  ;)

debc

• View Profile
Re: Small Brass Dish
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2016, 09:08:56 am »
I have tried to remove this post, I do believe I found out what this is and what kind of value it doesn't have ;).  I still like it and think it was well worth the 10.00 I bought it for.
If there is someone who can remove it, please do.
Thanks  ;D

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2016, 05:20:42 pm »
Can you tell us all what it is ?? Lord knows I have no clue  !!  We can learn about it !!

debc

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2016, 10:30:46 am »
Its a cloisonne trinket box made in India most likely.  I wasn't sure if I should clean the brass or not, but may as well since I don't see the advantage of keeping it the way it is. I still think someday my ship will come in ( sister says I will be at the airport when that happens ). :-\ :-\

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2016, 11:07:34 am »
I like it and if its cloisonne its well worth the 10 bucks !!  Your ship must be like mine,,stranded on a sand bar somewhere !! But since you will be looking,,keep your eyes open for art pottery !!  Its pretty hot right now especially the marked/ named pieces !!

http://www.whatsellsbest.com/

I have posted this link several times and I check it regularly !!  Left column and click on the category and then look in the center and see what the top sellers are on ebay !!  This will keep you up to date on what sells best in whatever category you like !!  Then you can keep your eyes open when going to these sales and thrift stores !!  Art pottery seems  to be doing quite well as well as marked glass ware but it is more difficult to find !!  And if you find a "maybe" item at a yard sale or something,, deal on the price a little bit !!  Thats expected unless its dirt cheap !!

debc

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2016, 05:30:06 pm »
Thanks Mart  :D

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2016, 11:54:31 pm »
Good resource Mart!  Think many will benefit from this!  :)
I'm from the South - but please don't mistake my Southern Manners/Accent/Charm as a weakness!

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2016, 09:13:27 am »
Seeing what others have found and what the items sold for is quite uplifting !! You just need to know what to look for even if it seems unlikely !!  There ship may be tied to someones ugly vase !!