Author Topic: Winchester tools  (Read 1309 times)

broalex

• View Profile
Winchester tools
« on: December 11, 2016, 07:37:27 pm »
I have a Winchester tool collection that my father left me upon his passing, 12/04/2015. I would like to find a buyer for all or some. I have a few pictures. I also have it posted on vintagevarietiesca. com.
Bro Alex

mart

• View Profile
Re: Winchester tools
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2016, 08:03:51 pm »
Hi there and welcome to the forum !!  Neat tool collection !!  I also have many old tools and have had some Winchesters in the past  !!  But we do not have a forum for buying or selling !!  This is  an informational site !!  We would be happy to help with anything you have questions about !!

Rauville

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2016, 09:41:42 am »
I went and looked at your pictures; a nice collection that I'm sure your father spent a lot of time collecting.
I don't believe I've ever seen a Winchester ring compressor. That has to be a rarity. Hope you have good luck with your selling.

talesofthesevenseas

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2016, 01:00:42 pm »
VERY cool! I used to guide tours at the Winchester Mystery House in San Jose California many years ago. I have a Winchester meat grinder. The Winchester Repeating Arms Company made quite an impressive array of metal items in addition to their guns. Everything from lawn mowers to roller skates.
Antiqueaholic in recovery

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2016, 01:59:03 pm »
Nice set!

First, you need to determine authenticity.  This article is a starter
https://www.realorrepro.com/article/Winchester-Tools-fake-and-forged-marks-mismatched-pieces

Winchester expanded into tools when the bought Simmons Hardware (Keen Kutter tools).  Both brands are VERY collectible.!
I'm from the South - but please don't mistake my Southern Manners/Accent/Charm as a weakness!