Author Topic: Large Wooden Kitchen Decor Spoon w/ MIC MAC Carvings  (Read 1284 times)

pooroldcancollector

• View Profile
Large Wooden Kitchen Decor Spoon w/ MIC MAC Carvings
« on: December 13, 2016, 09:03:07 pm »
Hey everyone,

Sorry I haven't been on in a while. Things have been crazy this year. A few months ago I picked up a large lot of items, but unfortunately most items were newer (late 80's to now). However I did find this large wooden kitchen decor spoon, with carvings on it. It looks like a mass-produced item but I'm not sure. Also unsure of the carvings on the handle - I don't know if I should call them Mic Mac carvings or if they would be another type of carving or from another group. I will include a few pictures. If anyone has any information on what these large kitchen decor items are actually called, any idea if they have any value, and what I'm most interested in: What would the carvings in the handle be?

Thank you in advance for any information and also for taking the time to read my post. It's been a while but I should have lots of time to be back on the forums and active. Hope everyone is doing well.

Thanks,
- Kevin

mart

• View Profile
Re: Large Wooden Kitchen Decor Spoon w/ MIC MAC Carvings
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2016, 06:55:05 am »
Hi there and welcome back !!  These are late 70`s and 80`s kitchen decor items !!  Mine had more carvings on the handle and had a fork that matched !!  Looks like these may have been stored a while !!

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2016, 03:42:15 pm »
Finally !!  Had to switch browsers !! 
We had these much later than 60`s !!  Of course Mother may have bought hers at a garage sale !!

talesofthesevenseas

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2016, 05:06:30 pm »
I remember these from the sixties too. They were very popular.
Antiqueaholic in recovery