Author Topic: Huntley Simmons Antique Bedroom Set - Value?  (Read 4619 times)

Oliviagd

• View Profile
Huntley Simmons Antique Bedroom Set - Value?
« on: July 13, 2017, 12:16:08 pm »
I purchased this 3-piece Huntley Simmons bedroom set four years ago for about $800. I'm moving and the individual taking over my lease is interested in purchasing the set. The furniture is stamped with a medallion stating "Huntley Simmons Furniture" - after some research I discovered The Simmons Co. held ownership of Huntley furniture from 1929-1935, which makes me believe that is approximately when this bedroom set was manufactured.

I've tried to find information to determine the approximate value of the furniture, but there is limited information posted online. If anyone has any knowledge about the estimate value of this bedroom set I would be very appreciative! All of the pieces are in quite good condition, made of a combination of walnut, mahogany, oak, and maple. Pictures posted below. Thank you for any help!

mart

• View Profile
Re: Huntley Simmons Antique Bedroom Set - Value?
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2017, 07:03:17 pm »
You must be counting the secondary woods !!  Federal style bedroom suite,,time period is right !!  Looks to be in good condition !!  I think $600. to $800 is about right !!

ghopper1924

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2017, 12:27:52 am »
Yes, if you can get this person to come up with $800 you'll be doing well!!
"I collect antiques because they're beautiful."

-Broderick Crawford

Rboyd

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2017, 06:50:18 pm »
I agree with 600-800 

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2017, 07:43:27 pm »
I see we have a new member with an opinion on furniture !!  Excellent !!  You got a brownie point !!  We need more  like you !!
Welcome to the forum !!

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2017, 10:06:04 pm »
I personally love these older pieces.  Lots of character and made much better than the imported "great price" (cheap) items that so many go for these days.  I even like many of the old pieces that have "faux" patina and chalk painted pieces...there are some beautiful pieces re-lifed out there.  (Not a fan of the fad spray painted pieces because that spray paint ruins the wood where chalk paint can be removed without ruining the piece.)

You would do well getting back what you paid for it!  Kind of like you used it for free!  :)  Best of luck!

I'm from the South - but please don't mistake my Southern Manners/Accent/Charm as a weakness!