Author Topic: Anyone recognize this mark ??  (Read 3702 times)

mart

• View Profile
Re: Anyone recognize this mark ??
« Reply #15 on: June 05, 2017, 11:12:24 am »
Hey there Chris,, !!  Thanks so much for the help !!  I was going nuts trying to figure it out !!
Thanks to everyone who chimed in on this !!
« Last Edit: June 05, 2017, 11:56:02 am by mart »

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 05, 2017, 04:50:51 pm »
Thanks BUNCHES Chris!  Hope things are going well for you!  The hubby is starting to fly Germany alot now!  Hope to jump on a few trips soon and get some treasures from your neck of the woods!
I'm from the South - but please don't mistake my Southern Manners/Accent/Charm as a weakness!

Chris_Marshall

« Reply #17 on: June 07, 2017, 06:13:17 am »
@ghopper1924:
Sorry, but I never comment on value. Especially when talking about items on an international (internet) scale local supply and demand as well as the average cost of living and purchasing power of the local currency in comparison to other countries applies. Not forgetting the darned inflation rates. Well, most people get bored with such stuff pretty quickly, therefore: a value is always something both seller and buyer agree on at any given time, period.

Just for example: if I'd say the ewer was worth 1000 Euro (as said, a made up example) in Germany if sold to a collector some US American collector would have an heart attack as he could have possibly paid double. On the other hand the seller might try to sell it on some platform not frequented by collectors, meaning that the starting bid of USD 500 is never reached. In both cases it would appear that *I* gave an incorrect quote even if I merely stated what could possibly be achieved with connections here in Germany. So I simply keep my mouth shut :)

@mart:
*wave*

@KC:
Well, as the one or other of you may know we had a raving lunatic trying to blow himself up in our street on March 31st, taking the (solid brick) six apartment house with him. See http://www.porcelainmarksandmore.com/site/history/page-2017a.jpg. They have demolished the house and removed the remaining debris by now, here's a pic from May 19th http://www.porcelainmarksandmore.com/site/history/page-2017b.jpg. At the moment they are rigging up a crane as the owners want to rebuild the house as soon as possible. You can probably guess it has been fairly loud for this part of the woods - worst thing however were people that not only stood in the way all the time (even when the fire brigade was still searching for the missing woman) but also bothered neighbors for days on end, be it by asking to take pictures from their windows or by having camera drones flying around. Which is illegal without consent so we had the police around here very often. Old lady at the end of the road even joked around about opening a donut shop ....

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 07, 2017, 02:08:14 pm »
Chris,, on a serious note,, you and Friedrich take care,, !!  With all that is going on in Europe,,you never know where the lunies are going to show up !!  Keep your eyes open and pay attention !!

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 08, 2017, 02:11:49 am »
Whoa Chris...that was a close one.  So sorry to hear that happened as well as the loss of life and injuries.  Glad you are safe and hopefully your home fared well.

As for the gawkers...I know that can be frustrating as heck!  And for the drones...too bad there can't be some target practice!  🙃
I'm from the South - but please don't mistake my Southern Manners/Accent/Charm as a weakness!