Author Topic: Vintage/Antique 15 Piece Miniature/Historial Buildings,Pottery? Stoneware?  (Read 1361 times)

susiecat

• View Profile
I bought this set of miniature buildings from a friend whole has many items.I  have no idea what buildings are.Look like  some type of pottery/stoneware carved very nice.No name or company.A few building has a number.Any information.

ghopper1924

• View Profile
Looks like Italy, maybe Spain.
"I collect antiques because they're beautiful."

-Broderick Crawford

susiecat

• View Profile
Thanks ghopper 1924! I believe I found it,looked for Italy miniature buildings and found J. Dominique Gault,I don't see a name on my items but some has the numbers.

ghopper1924

• View Profile
Italy it is!
"I collect antiques because they're beautiful."

-Broderick Crawford

mart

• View Profile
Looks like they are solid so not stoneware or pottery !!  Look like marble or something similar !!

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
I would love to know what they are made of.  Really like them!!!!!

You have some REALLY NEAT TREASURES SusieCat!
I'm from the South - but please don't mistake my Southern Manners/Accent/Charm as a weakness!

susiecat

• View Profile
Thanks KC! Here's some information I found,I think it's ceramic but from the small chip look like pottery,all handpainted.Jean-Pierre Gault is an architect and artist born in Bordeaux in 1940 and is primarily a creator of artistic paintings. In the early 1980’s, Jean-Pierre saw miniature terracotta houses made by an artisan in Ibiza and started developing the idea. As a resident of Saint-Paul-de-Vence, France – a beautiful medieval town – he noticed tourists taking photos photos of the old historic streets and houses and came to the realization that aside for postcards, there were no products available for tourists to take home with great memories of the region. He initially made miniature houses out of wood tin and porcelain, with windows marked with a branding iron, but the efforts and costs of such creation was prohibitive.

Jean-Pierre then met with Jean Derval (1925-2010), a well-known ceramist from Vallauris, France, who has actually worked with Picasso. Their collaboration over a few years allowed them to develop and fine-tune the fabrication process for creating miniature houses in ceramic. Upon the creation of the first houses, Jean Derval ceased to be involved, however remained as a great friend to Jean-Pierre (and his brother Dominique), who are both extremely grateful for him and his contribution. I have many items that's really neat but it's taking many hours looking up items.So glad Mart recommened me to this site.

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
I'm glad that Mart recommended you as well.

Enjoy seeing your finds!
I'm from the South - but please don't mistake my Southern Manners/Accent/Charm as a weakness!

mart

• View Profile
Just curious but if pottery, ceramic or porcelain they would have to have a firing hole so not to explode !!  Do these have one ??