Author Topic: Salesman sample? Sorghum or Sugar Cane Press, Extractor  (Read 3515 times)

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
Re: Salesman sample? Sorghum or Sugar Cane Press, Extractor
« Reply #15 on: September 29, 2018, 10:07:01 am »
Remember the old washing machines KC !!

Did you use your "old" washing machine for ....... churning butter? ;) ;)

LOLOL  If there was a way to make butter using it I guarantee my kinfolks did it!
I'm from the South - but please don't mistake my Southern Manners/Accent/Charm as a weakness!

cogar

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 29, 2018, 12:49:02 pm »
3-in-1 Old-Time Washing Machine

Back in the good old days it was possible to do a lot of household jobs with certain machines, says Steve McDonough, Spring Valley, Wis., who displayed a rare old-time washing machine last summer at the Minnesota State Fair.

The belt-driven Maytag Gyratator washing machine could also be used as a butter churn and an ice cream maker. The owner simply removed the agitator and slipped the butter churn-ice cream maker on in its place. Or, he could remove the wringer and fit a standard meat grinder onto the wringer post. The meat grinder was shaft-driven the same way as the wringer.

Maytag Gyratator Washers were made in the 1920’s and 30’s.

Read more @  https://www.farmshow.com/a_article.php?aid=28688

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 29, 2018, 01:13:09 pm »
Oh wow!  Why didn't we think of using it for ice cream making!!!!
I'm from the South - but please don't mistake my Southern Manners/Accent/Charm as a weakness!

cogar

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 29, 2018, 01:59:24 pm »
KC, when my Dad moved us from the house in town to a big farm house in the country, in 1944 it t’was,    I remember my Mother using a gasoline powered Maytag washing machine that looked like this one, to wit:

As you can see via the picture, it had a “kick” start (actually a “stomp” start) …… and it would go …. “Ker Chug, …. Ker Chug” …… and the “blue” smoke would “puff” out of the end of the exhaust hose.

As one can surmise, …… clothe washing had to be done on the back porch in the “open” air.

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 29, 2018, 06:45:44 pm »
Ours had legs and was round with the wringer at the top !!  When I had my shop I had a wooden one !!  Two arms inside with flat plates at the ends !!  Totally manual,, when you pumped the handle the plates went up and down and around to agitate the clothes !!  Sure wish I had kept it in case of long term power failure !!  Or just as a cuuriosity !!