Author Topic: Help with Windsor Chair  (Read 1040 times)

sillyfoulks

• View Profile
Help with Windsor Chair
« on: November 02, 2005, 01:40:49 pm »
I have searched high and low for a Windsor armchair similiar to mine.  I believe it to be an  American piece.  However it resembles an English style high back.  The style of the back looks similiar to that of a sack back but is much taller then anything I have seen.   The back also extends at least 12 inches before it curves to wrap around the occupents shoulders and then curves in a alongated "S" down to the arms of the chair.  It has 15 spindles that travel completly through the back to the seat and additional one for each arm.  The arms have simple rounded handholds and the legs, which are also very simple, resemble bamboo turns. I don't believe the chair is extremely old, it does have several sets of screws.  One set holds the back to the arms and another holds the arms to the seat.  The chair is rather large and deep-setted, almost as though it was made for a man.  I have not been able to locate any other windsors with a back that wraps around the shoulders or that has 15 spindles.  Can anyone tell me anything about this style?  

Nexzani

• View Profile
Help with Windsor Chair
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2005, 10:52:07 am »
pick one

$2000 cad

$2000 cad

$2000 cad

i accept pay pal

let me know if you like it