Author Topic: Help Please! Info on Argyle Furniture A Scottish Company (and possible value)  (Read 780 times)

foodseller

• View Profile
Hello all!,
First time poster on the board.  Just picked up this incredible piece at a yard sale and found the attached makers mark on it.  It also says Inverness on the back in pencil.  My assumption is that it was made by the Argyle Furniture Company under the British Standard of 1960 (Furniture comprised of mostly wood).  I have tried and tried to get some background on the company but have had zero luck. 
I am hoping to get a little background on the company as well as a possible value.  Original light still works in it and the original mirrors are intact! Cabinet is in fair shape.

mart

• View Profile
I  didn`t find anything on the company itself !  But other furniture with the same or similar tag !  My guess  is  that it was made as a part of a larger mfg and this was the name used separately !  There was an Argyle furniture  from  the late 1800`s but I didn`t find much on it other that one designer who was well known  at the time !  He just made some chairs !

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
Mart, I was pondering if this was in fact an older piece that has been reworked/cleaned up and sold.  Thus a label that may not pertain to the original manufacturer.  I have seen a few of these pop up over the years.
I'm from the South - but please don't mistake my Southern Manners/Accent/Charm as a weakness!

mart

• View Profile
Anything is possible KC !  Its Art Deco so that dates it to 1930`s or early 40`s !!  Odd that the tag has a later date !  Better go look again !  I think you may be right KC,,,although I did not see  anything that looks to be reworked  Looks  all original !  However,, sellers often attach tags ect that do not belong just to make a sale !

I sure like this little bar,,if it was reasonably priced you did well !
« Last Edit: May 11, 2022, 09:40:14 am by mart »