Author Topic: Tiny shoe style samples  (Read 1070 times)

Good2goKCMO

• View Profile
Tiny shoe style samples
« on: August 23, 2023, 03:40:47 pm »
I have found three tiny ,Crackerjack size, Victorian shoes with rings to hang on a wire .
I Don't think that they are Crackerjack prizes because two have printing on them .
The sole of one reads " Use in 1 shoe polish " ( some letters or words may be missing).
The bigger of the three has a brass ring and the shoe might be of a composite material. It also has lettering but is illegible. "ELI" ,"END"( maybe "ENDALI") , SEO" or "SCO".
Any ideas ?

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
Re: Tiny shoe style samples
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2023, 10:09:47 am »
Wow!  Haven't seen one of these in a very long time! Most likely given out as a promotional item pre and during WW2.

This was used to open a container of shoe polish.  (This was long before they put a toggle switch on the can to open it!)  I can remember my grandparents having to use a coin to open the can. 

If you take a second look at the picture it states "Use 2 in 1 Shoe Polish"

https://www.blancoandbull.com/boot-cleaning/two-in-one-polish/

« Last Edit: August 25, 2023, 10:21:58 am by KC »
I'm from the South - but please don't mistake my Southern Manners/Accent/Charm as a weakness!

Good2goKCMO

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2023, 02:31:45 pm »
Wow, very good ! That's what I'll go with . Thanks !!
The larger "composit with brass loop" will just have to remain a mystery .... the lettering is too far gone ..
Crackerjack charm until another sleuth steps forward.
Thanks again.

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2023, 10:29:19 pm »
Have you ever tried to do a rubbing on the one that is hard to read?  put a thin piece of paper over and lightly run the side of a lead pencil over it and see if the letters show up?
I'm from the South - but please don't mistake my Southern Manners/Accent/Charm as a weakness!