Author Topic: Looking for an identification on this projector device  (Read 861 times)

Garageboy

• View Profile
Looking for an identification on this projector device
« on: September 27, 2023, 09:03:35 am »
Hello

New member here.  Picked up this item at a local sale.  It's made from galvanized steel and appears to be some sort of projector.  The lens on the front has no focusing ability.  It's very well made but has the look of something that was made in a shop like a lot of railroad items you see.  Inside the back there are three light sockets.  Two are standard size and one is candelabra size.  They all turn on together with a single toggle switch on the side.  On the side of unit there is a single female 110V two prong receptacle to power the unit.  No label anywhere.  I don't see any kind of setup in the back to mount a postcard or anything else so that it could be projected on a screen.  The two regular size bulbs in the unit are high wattage purple colored and very hot.  Any ideas?  Thanks in advance for your help.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2023, 09:12:35 am by Garageboy »

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
Re: Looking for an identification on this projector device
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2023, 01:04:06 am »
This is a puzzler.  Doesn't make sense to be a projector and doesn't seem to show any wear/tear on the item to indicate any film to be run across the outside or inside.  So there is a lens in the white "pipe" that is sticking out?

Have to show to someone to see if they know what it is used for! 
I'm from the South - but please don't mistake my Southern Manners/Accent/Charm as a weakness!

Garageboy

• View Profile
Re: Looking for an identification on this projector device
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2023, 05:49:37 pm »
You are correct.  There is a lens inside the tube but when you turn on the device it does not project anything like a projector does.  There is no mechanism inside to mount anything to project it anyway.  Does not appear to have had anything removed from the inside that anything would have mounted on.  Thanks for checking in.