Author Topic: Zenith Gouda Windmill  (Read 1677 times)

TeriH

• View Profile
Zenith Gouda Windmill
« on: December 05, 2005, 01:26:23 pm »

Help! I have a blue and white porcelain windmill that has (779 1727 Zenith Gouda Holland) written inside of it.  I need to know the approximate value. It stands about 10" high (with the blades).  Unfortunately two of the blades were broken during a burglary.  Any assistance you can give me would be most appreciated.

marc lebonet

Zenith Gouda Windmill
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2005, 09:01:36 am »
There was once a time long ago when i knew a fine gentleman who could fix such a thing. But that man has since moved on to bigger things. I think i heard something about an exposition that will take place in Brandon Manitoba on july 19th this summer. For information just call 613-824-0842

Joey Lebane

Zenith Gouda Windmill
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2005, 10:19:59 am »
I have been a chronic crack cocaine user for 12 years and just recently sobered up after a long rehab period.  I beleive that antiqueing saved my life because now I'am a chronic antique collector:).  I beleive that I can help you find replaceable blades for your windmill Terih.  Just give me a shout @ 613-834-0338.  Please contact me Terih as i would really like to meet you and help you.

Zenith Gouda Windmill
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2005, 04:11:44 pm »
is your windmill something like this one? - different maker tho' -

http://www.kaleden.com/detail,delft-blauw-hand,982622.html

My web research indicates that tho' pottery was made in Gouda Holland from the 1700's that Zenith Gouda was later from late 1800's and the blue & white Zenith Gouda from about 1920's.  

Your insurance co would pay you replacement value?  Guessing less than $100.  But if you have reason to believe it's earlier than that it would be in your interests to have the piece evaluated by a porcelain expert.  There's really nothing like having an object in hand.  Best wishes in your continuing search.   KB