Author Topic: Caboose stove  (Read 1631 times)

k3113m1

• View Profile
Caboose stove
« on: November 26, 2005, 08:44:35 pm »
We recently bought a caboose stove in Tenn.  The back says O.K. Stove and Range Co. Louisville, Kentucky.  The front says Caboose, no. A 1. The man said it was used on a caboose to cook on, it has a lip about  1"  around the top, to keep the pans from sliding off with the trains motion. This stands about 24" tall and is very heavy.  Any information would be appreciated.

Randy Stovall

Caboose stove
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2005, 03:46:26 am »
I found an old stove in a shed on our farm that is an O.K. Stove & Range Co stove. It was in pretty rough shape with cracks, corosion and all but I have sanded it down and painted it and am making an end table out of it.

On the front above the door it says O-K. Mars and has a "22" in the front middle of the top. It has a very intricate scroll type design on all 4 sides and has little beaded "capsules" all around the top, bottom, up the sides on front and back and around the door on the front.

I am very proud of the way it turned out. I painted it a gloss black then did the detail work in metallic gold, metallic siver and a hunter green metallic silver mix. I believe this stove is a family heirloom and has been in the family approx 70 yrs. I am giving it to my mother for Christmas (total surprise).

I have been Googling the heck out of O K Stove & Range Co and this post is the only place I have seen the term used. Would really be interested in finding out more about the product.

Anyone with any info please e-mail me @ jrstovall@gmail.com

Thanks