Author Topic: can't find info  (Read 1559 times)

mzb

• View Profile
can't find info
« on: January 16, 2006, 10:58:13 pm »
i have a kitchen canister set w/ spice set that has a fancy N then gerda made into the set . stamped on the bottom  is a stamp which looks like a bowl with it looks like DITMAR ORBACH along the rim of the bowl and then in the bowl is a star, a "T" in a circle and then something else i don't know what it is.written under the bowl is Made in Czechoslavakia. It is very pretty and has almost like an oyster shell appearance. Each is marked flour coffee, sugar, nutmeg,etc.  

can anyone tell me when it was made or if it is worth anything? i brought it to an antique dealer in town. When they saw it, they wanted to see the whole set . When I brought the set in they offered me $20.00. I turned it down and am now curious about it. Can anyone help me?

I will send a picture later

kerryandbee

• View Profile
can't find info
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2006, 08:01:10 pm »
looking forward to your pics and pls include the backstamp -

re:  value - a dealer needs to buy wholesale and sell retail.  Prices shown on web sites reflect retail which can be very good for insurance and replacement values.   KB

Tim

• View Profile
can't find info
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2006, 09:32:45 pm »
Photos would help here. Ditmar Urbach I believe was a company in Teplitz Czecho-slovakia. Your oyster shell may be a white pearlescent. You may be able to do better than $20 depending on number of pieces and condition.