Author Topic: antique tea set  (Read 1265 times)

jane47

• View Profile
antique tea set
« on: March 18, 2006, 01:48:26 pm »
I have an antique tea set which is very ornate and colorful.  each piece has a different  representation of Napoleon with various people, etc.  The marking on the bottom  has a crown on top then underneath the large initials J.K, underneath that is mark that looks sort of like a widened W,  underneath this is the work Decor and at the very bottom is the word Carlsbad.  Does anyone have any idea about the piece or the value of this set.  I have not seen another one like it except in an antique store in Karlovy Vary in the Czech Republic where I saw 1 cup and saucer.  This set was purchased in an antique store approximately 25 years ago. Thanks.

kerryandbee

• View Profile
antique tea set
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2006, 05:25:13 pm »
JK or it's sometimes called JKW is for Josef Kuba.  Could have been made between 1900 and 1945.  My understanding is that after 1945 the factory moved to Germany and it's stamped on the bottom that way along with the other mark which hasn't changed.  

Googling, I found a set of cups and saucers here:  www.efineantiques.c om

They have scenes on them tho' not of Napolean.  Price is $65 for a cup/saucer.  I think your set could easily get up to $1,000.  Probably more.  Depending on the number of pieces you have - pot, sugar, creamer, cups, saucers, etc.  
KB